1ST ANNUAL (2020 AWARD) TO BE GIVEN IN MEMORY OF LOUIS STELLA JR.
The Board of Directors of the Andover Hockey Association is pleased to announce the formation of an annual scholarship for deserving alumni of the AHA youth hockey program.
Recipients will be selected each April and the one-time scholarships will be awarded following successful completion of the recipients' first semester of college. Alumni from both boys’ and girls’ teams are welcome to apply. The BoD reserves the right to split funds among deserving candidates.
For 2020, the AHA BoD has pledged to award up to $1,000 in scholarship funds to deserving graduates of Andover High School in memory of Louis Stella Jr., a longtime coach in the AHA program who passed away last year.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a graduating Andover High School senior
- Have been member of AHA for at least 3 full seasons
- Volunteer 12 documented hours back to AHA (e.g., volunteer with Learn to Skate program)
- Complete a 500 word essay on what the AHA means to you and how you plan to use the skills you’ve learned as a member in college and beyond
To apply, submit the following to email@example.com by March 31 of your senior year:
- Name/Address/E-mail/Phone number for both applicant and parent contact
- Years of participation and teams/levels as a member of AHA (for example, 2008-2019, Initiation through High School Half Season)
- Documentation of volunteer service hours to AHA
- Essay, as described above
If you have any questions please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org.