Andover Hockey Association (“AHA”) Payment & Refund Policy
Effective 2020-2021 Season
AHA participates in various conferences, leagues and tournaments throughout the season. Therefore, in order to successfully plan, it is imperative that AHA has accurate information regarding the number of committed players that intend to play to adequately determine an appropriate number of teams and coaches for the upcoming season.
In order to facilitate this process, the following policies (which will be strictly adhered to and enforced) are in effect for all players:
- Placement Fee: $200
- Placement fee is non-refundable.
- Player placed in an AHA program who pay in full before the program begins will receive a $125 credit towards the season’s program cost/tuition.
- Learn to Skate/Learn to Play:
- A full refund less a 5% administration and jersey fee will be issued if the refund is requested before the third session. No exceptions.
- Mite House League, Travel and all other hockey programs:
- Player will have until April 30, 2020 to notify AHA in writing (@ email@example.com) to withdraw from the upcoming season. If a player fails to notify AHA in writing by April 30, 2020, player will be charged on May 1, 2020 the lump sum or initial installment amount depending on the payment plan election made at time of registration. Full payment is required before the start of the season’s program otherwise player may not be able to participate and play in the program. No refunds will be offered once payments are processed unless player qualifies for a refund under a refund policy stated herein.
- High School Half Season: A full refund less a 5% administration and jersey fee will be issued if the refund is requested before August 1, 2020. No exceptions.
- Mite House League: A full refund less a 5% administration and jersey fee will be issued if the refund is requested before October 1, 2020. No exceptions.
- All other AHA events:
- No refund will be provided, except in the event of cancellation or AHA was not able to fully commit.
- Refund request due to injury:
- Refund request due to injury is subject to board review. The board will consider a prorated refund (less a 5% administration and jersey fee) if the request is made with a written opinion of a medical doctor stating that the player is unable to participate in hockey related activities for a period of at least six (6) weeks. Example: if player is out and cannot play for a period of four (4) weeks due to injury, no refund will be issued.
- Refund requests due to other reasons:
- Refund requests not mentioned above are subject to board review.
- No refund will be issued due to scheduling conflicts.
- To the extent a refund is provided, it will be prorated (less a 5% administration and jersey fee).
- Refund request due to COVID-19 (applicable to 2020-21 season):
- Refund requests due to COVID-19 will be prorated (less a 5% administration and jersey fee) upon written notification to firstname.lastname@example.org; a full refund (less a 5% administration and jersey fee) will be provided if written notification is received before the season starts to email@example.com.
- To the extent that AHA cancels the season, AHA will provide a prorated refund (less a 5% administration and jersey fee) upon completion/end of season.
(* 5% administration fee is based on the season’s program cost/tuition)
AHA Installment Plan Policy
- No installment plan will be offered for any program cost/tuition that is less than $800.
- If elected, the first installment amount will be approximately $900 (due and payable on May 1) and the remaining balance will be spread over 2-3 subsequent months (June 1, July 1 and/or August 1).
- Late and/or missed payments, including declined credit card charges, are subject to late fee penalties.
- Full payment is required before the start of the season’s program otherwise player may not be able to participate and play in the program.
AHA Optional Refund Protection
This refund protection is to provide families an opportunity to be able to request a refund during the season for various personal reasons
- Refund protection fee is 10% of the season’s program cost/tuition and any refund request will be prorated (less a 5% administration and jersey fee) based on when the refund is requested.
- Refund protection fee does not qualify for installment payment plan (i.e. the refund protection fee must be paid in full upon registering).
- No refund protection will be offered for LTS/LTP.
AHA provides financial assistance to those in need. Please submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be reviewed case by case by the board.