Phillips Academy Ice Rinks Guidelines 2020-21
With the reopening of Phillips Academy Ice Rinks, the following are guidelines that must be followed.
1. Stay home or go home if you are sick. In the spirit of Non Sibi and for community health, it is important that you stay home if you are not feeling well.
2. Do not come to campus or the Ice Rinks if you:
-Are being tested for COVID-19 (outside of the Academy testing plan) or have recently tested positive and not yet recovered.
-Live with someone who is being tested for COVID-19 or who has recently tested positive and not yet recovered.
-Have been informed that you have recently been exposed to someone who is being tested for COVID-19 or who has tested positive.
-Are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
3. All patrons must wear a face covering while on the Phillips Academy campus and inside the Ice Arena. All face coverings should be made of at least two layers of breathable material, fully cover the nose and mouth and be secured with ties or ear loops. Neck gaiters and bandanas are not an acceptable form of face covering for on-campus use. Face shields are not a substitute for a face covering. If worn, they should be worn in addition to another approved face covering.
4. All patrons will enter through the main entrance of the building. Rink staff and signage will be posted throughout the building to ensure patrons are following physical distancing guidelines.
5. Exits will be posted throughout the building. Harrison Rink participants will exit through east part of building near viewing area or back through main entrance (right side). Gurry Rink participants will exit through double emergency doors on south end of Gurry Rink or through east viewing area.
6. The building capacity limit can be exceeded to include one parent/guardian per player, but it is suggested that parents/guardians exit the building after getting their player onto the ice.
7. Reentry will be allowed only at the conclusion of the scheduled ice time for parents/guardians helping younger players or if an emergency occurs with your child.
8. No siblings will be allowed in the rink. No spectators are allowed during any adult play (18+years of age). Please plan accordingly.
9. Players will be allowed to remove their face mask (or other face covering) when taking the ice, unless otherwise specified.
10. We will require all classes to wear masks when on the ice. Freestyle, Public Skate, Learn to Skate and tots. All coaches, officials and staff members must wear face coverings at all times in public areas of the building, including while on the ice.
11. Players must enter the building fully dressed. Locker rooms will be closed until further notice. Space will be marked for lacing skates and putting on helmets and gloves on prior to entering the ice surface.
12. Please do not bring valuables into the building. Items left behind will not be stored and there will be no lost and found.
13. Patrons for Youth Hockey and Freestyle classes may enter the building 10 minutes prior to their scheduled ice time and will be expected to leave the facility immediately after removing their skates, helmets and gloves.
14. Patrons for Adult Hockey will have 15 minutes prior to their scheduled ice time and will be expected to leave the facility immediately after.
15. The number of participants on the ice and on the benches will be limited to 25 participants plus 5 coaches maximum-no exceptions.
16. Game Play – Players on the ice and benches will be limited to 25 participants. Players and coaches must wear face coverings while on the benches and maintain 6 feet physical distancing. Benches will be marked to assist with physical distancing seating.
17. You are expected to leave the facility immediately after your ice time or child’s ice time. We appreciate everyone’s patience and cooperation in adhering to these new guidelines and ask that all patrons abide by rink staff direction. All areas of the ice rink, including common areas, locker rooms, player benches and other “high touch” surfaces, will be cleaned after each hour and operational areas within the rink will be disinfected each night.