Female High School Players with U14 Eligibility
The following policy applies to female U-14 aged players who will be attending high school (typically about half of the 2nd year U-14 players are also incoming high school freshman):
1. All girls who are at the U-14 age level and want to participate in the Andover Hockey Association are welcome to register and participate as AHA U-14 full season players. For those U-14 aged girls who will be entering their freshman year of high school the following fall, participation in the AHA's High School Half Season ("HSHS") program, which runs from early September through approximately Thanksgiving, will be available at no additional cost.
2. Freshmen girls at the U-14 age level who are not full-time AHA U-14 full season players may participate in the AHA HSHS program at full cost.
3. U-14 aged girls who intend to participate in both AHA U-14 full season and AHA HSHS should plan to attend both sets of placement sessions.
• AHA U-14 full season players who are freshmen in high school will be allowed to attend all HSHS practices and will be invited to participate in HSHS games on an as needed basis. This is an excellent opportunity to practice up to four times per week (i.e., two with your U-14 full season team and two with the HSHS) in the fall. We believe that participating with both the U-14 full season and HSHS programs is the best path for serious hockey players to improve and prepare for high school tryouts. Furthermore, after the high school season is over, these players will still have about a month left in their U-14 full season (including potentially the Massachusetts Hockey state tournament and league playoffs.)
• If a player with U-14 eligibility makes a sub-varsity team at Andover High School, they are typically encouraged to continue playing for their U-14 full season team, schedule permitting, with High School games and practices taking priority in the event of a conflict. Any player who makes the AHS Varsity is typically permitted to participate only with that team.
• If your player will be attending a different high school, we strongly encourage you to check with that program for their policies with respect to U-14 full season/high school hockey participation.
• Finally, high school students with U-14 eligibility are not required to also participate in the HSHS in the fall, and can elect play U-14 full season only.
Should you have any questions on these policies or any placements related inquiries, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.