2021 AHA WARRIOR CUP - Winter SEASON
After an extended shutdown and months of great uncertainty, Phillips Academy has decided it will allow adult hockey to resume in their rinks. So, to kick off this new year, Warrior Cup will be making a triumphant return. The AHA has announced there will be a Spring 2021 Warrior Cup Season for Parents, Coaches, and other functional adults within the AHA program.
The new season will come with some changes to the format. First, we will have to adhere to established COVID Protocols (PA COVID 19 Protocols will be sent out under separate cover). Next, the season will be a little bit longer than the typical 8-week season (Starting January 17 and continuing until the end of March). Also, games will not be early morning, they will be scheduled for Sunday afternoons between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM (Exact ice times are not yet set). Finally, everyone that wants to participate will need to register as “full time” or “alternate.” Cannot have non-registered players fill in because of the COVID protocols and reporting requirements.
Here are the details...
• Season kicks off January 17, 2020
• Games will occur Sunday evenings at PA (start times between 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM)
• Four teams will play a regular season, then two weeks of playoffs.
• Teams will be formed based on self-declared skating level and previous data collected and evaluated by previous administrations.
• USA Hockey Registration Required.
• Cost for this program is $100 (cost per game as alternate will be $17)
• Any questions please contact Bob Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• This program is only being offered to 2020-2021 AHA members, and we are welcoming all ability levels, men and women.
Calling for team captains - if you want to be a team captain please let me know.
The goal is to have 4 Captains and hold a draft to roster the teams. So, the earlier you commit the easier it will be to develop rosters and schedule the games. Season starts January 17th.
If you know someone you want to nominate as a captain, let me know.
We are also looking for 2 refs and 4 goalies per week (goaltenders will also need to register, but there will be no charge)
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM AHA:
All AHA players and coaches MUST register with USA Hockey prior to AHA Registration. You will need this number to complete registration. USA Hockey registration needs to be done for EACH Hockey Season/year. Please confirm that your USA Hockey # is still valid.