How to cancel/reschedule a VHL game
How to Cancel and Reschedule a VALLEY HOCKEY LEAGUE Game
First, DON'T! You will see that games are a headache to reschedule. They also cost AHA and the cancelling team money (about $700: $315 for ice, about $80-$100 for officials, and $20 for a timekeeper, in addition to the $270 game fee that has already been paid.) IF a canceled game is not rescheduled, your team is charged with a forfeit loss AND AHA is charged your opponent's game fee. Note: There is no cost to your team or AHA if your opponent cancels a game. They are then responsible for rescheduling and providing ice, officials and a timekeeper.
• Submit day off requests to the AHA Valley Hockey League as soon as you know your team is participating in a tournament so that you don't end up with games when your team is away.
• If you are canceling because you are short on players, call up players from a lower level team.
• If you feel the game date or time is unreasonable (e.g. too late on a school night or on a holiday) contact the AHA VHL rep to request that the league reschedule the game.
• Swap games with another team.
Game when you
are not available
Game when you
1. Coordinate with the other teams (see below for team contact info)
2. Fill out a Game Swap Form (see below)
3. Inform the Ice Director of the swap so that the AHA schedule can be updated.
If you have no other option and must reschedule a Valley League Game:
1. Notify the VHL Rep of your intention to cancel the game and the reason. He/She may be able to provide suggestions for how to avoid cancelling the game such as pulling up players from other teams or requesting the league move the game if is scheduled for an unreasonable time or date. If you and the VHL rep agree that the game needs to be canceled, proceed to step 2.
2. Contact your opponent to let them know of cancellation.
3. Submit a Game Cancellation form through the Valley Hockey League site (see below)
4. Reschedule the game. If a game is not rescheduled, the game will be a forfeit loss for your team and AHA will be charged the other team's game fee.
Obtain ice - Use AHA's "Open Ice" sheet to reserve a date and time that works for both teams. If none of the listed Open Ice works, contact the Ice Director (see below.)
Schedule Officials - You have 2 options. Option A is less time-consuming but you will have to pay the officials and be reimbursed by AHA. Option B requires more effort the first time you set up an account, but will allow the officials to be paid directly by AHA.
Option A. Email the Valley League's Director of Officials at email@example.com. Be sure to include the game date, time, and location with your request to expedite the process. You will need to pay the officials in CASH at the game. You will then need to contact AHA's Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be reimbursed.Current rates for single games are:
Squirt / U10 $40 per official
Pee Wee/U12 $42 per official
Bantam / U14 $50 per official
Option B. At least one week in advance of your makeup game, go to Horizonwebref.com and follow the instructions to create an account. AHA's Association Number is 205168. Note: After you have created your account, you will receive a message that it must be approved by someone in your organization. YOU DO NOT NEED TO CONTACT ANYONE AT AHA FOR YOUR ACCOUNT TO BE APPROVED. You do not need to take any action except wait for your approval. Once you are approved, you will be able to request officials. With this option you DO NOT pay the officials at the game.
Schedule a Timekeeper - You can use a parent or sibling who is familiar with running the clock. Or contact the Girls Director (see below) for a list of timekeepers. Your team is responsible for paying the timekeeper $20. Update the schedule - Once the game has been confirmed with the other team, inform the Ice Director so that the game can be added to your schedule and AHA's master schedule. The game will not be added to the
Submit the Makeup Game Sheet - Once the game is played, please send a copy of the completed game sheet to the league office via mail, fax or scan/email to:
Valley Hockey League
7 Parkridge Rd.
Haverhill, MA 01835
Contacts and Info:
AHA VHL Rep: email@example.com
AHA Girls Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ice Director: email@example.com
VHL Team Contacts:
Go to valleyhockeyleague.com
Once logged in, "ADMIN" shows up on the right side of the menu bar. Choose "Game Swap " or "Game Cancellation" form from the drop-down list. Follow the directions on the form.
Select "My Team" under "myVHL "
Choose program & team from drop-down lists on the right
Completing Game Swap and Game Cancellation Forms on VHL site